Compass Life Sciences have partnered exclusively with a global blue chip Pharmaceutical company to lead the search for an Automation Manager, to play a leading role in the redeployment and oversight of new, state of the art manufacturing facilities. Based near Washington DC, our client is dedicated to producing high-quality pharmaceutical and bioscience products.
The Automation Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to the manufacturing and logistics buildings for troubleshooting, modifications, and improvements to automation, data management/storage systems, and networks that are related to process, utility, and support equipment and systems.
- Provide basic process control systems (PLC, HMI, DCS) technical support and solutions to internal customers
- Implement software/hardware improvements to existing process controls systems and integrate new equipment
- Provide automation engineering support for control system commissioning, factory acceptance testing (FAT), and site acceptance testing (SAT)
- Maintain and update engineering drawings, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), system specifications, user and functional requirements, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process control equipment following GAMP 5 guidelines
- Support investigations relating to deviations and anomalies associated with process control systems and associated software and implement corrective and/or preventative actions
- Support small automation, manufacturing, engineering, and validation projects
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of process systems, project management, and validation principles
- Provide 24/7 x 365 On-Call Automation support per set rotation within the automation department
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLCs
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to change
- Process controls experience
- Practical working knowledge and programming of PLC systems (Rockwell Automation) or distributed control systems (Emerson DeltaV)
- Basic understanding of instrumentation and control loop programming
- Basic understanding of control system troubleshooting
- Experience with CAD, document management systems, and SharePoint
- Basic Project Management knowledge
- 1-3 years of Pharmaceutical/Bioscience or regulated manufacturing environment experience
In return our client is offering a highly competitive salary and industry leading package, to incentive short and long term motivation and performance. Our client is able to support candidates who are moving to the area.
For more information or to apply, please forward an up to date resume with a brief cover letter highlighting key relevant experiences pertinent to this role to David Jolley at [email protected] or call (919) 492-7657.
Compass Life Sciences Inc. are a Recruitment business working with our client for this permanent vacancy. We offer a competitive referral scheme should you know of someone that could be interested in this role.